Twitch has evolved into much more than a place to watch your favorite games being played; it’s an incredible platform with limitless possibilities. However, most professional streamers had to start somewhere, which was frequently by broadcasting games from their consoles.
One of those consoles was PlayStation, and this is why we will learn how to add an overlay to Twitch on PS4.
So, if you want the best Twitch stream and a greater possibility of growing your Twitch channel, keep reading.
What Do You Need to Put Overlays on PS4?
Having a fantastic overlay on your Twitch channel may be quite beneficial. As you may have noticed, all pros use these broadcasting tools to market their brand, have various chat-boxes, and other entertaining information on their Twitch broadcasts.
This may seem insignificant, but cool layouts can make all the difference in making you appear more presentable and interesting. Because we want to gain followers on Twitch, this easy method can help you build a brand on all streaming platforms.
Can you, however, stream Twitch on PS4?
Yes, that may be an excellent place to start, and you can even add Twitch overlays if you know how. Aside from your gaming console, you’ll need the following:
- Computer – You can use PS4 for Twitch streaming, but the video quality might not be the best. This is why we advocate connecting your PS4 to a PC and streaming from there. This is also an excellent method to save all of your streaming sessions and share them on other social media platforms. It has the potential to significantly increase your audience size.
- Connection – You can connect your PS4 to your computer using either the PlayStation Remote Play software or Capture Cards. Both approaches are viable, but serious players should employ capture cards for future streams. This wired connection is more dependable and has minimal latency, which is critical for some games.
- Streaming software – Various types of streaming software are available on the market, including OBS Studio, Streamlabs OBS, LightStream, and others. They are all unique and have fantastic features, yet they all operate on the same principles. You can use them to adjust your Twitch broadcasts, change your streaming method, and earn a lot more followers as a result.
How to Add an Overlay to Twitch on PS4?
Now that you know how to improve your Twitch broadcasts with the correct tools, let’s go through how to add overlays step by step. This way, you’ll be able to generate the most professional-looking and one-of-a-kind content that will best reflect your brand.
Here is what you need to do:
- Select the best streaming software for you and begin streaming;
- Choose the platform to which you wish to stream, in this case, Twitch;
- Select the console from which you are streaming or PS4 in this example;
- The majority of applications will feature a project dashboard where you can handle all of your edits.
- By selecting the + or Add a layer option, you can add layers.
- You can add layers for display capture, cam border, and much more.
You now have your overlays and are ready to begin console streaming.
What makes a good Twitch overlay?
Using a PS4 to stream on Twitch can be entertaining for your audience, but more significantly, you will have the opportunity to advertise your brand and channel with overlays.
When it comes to stream layouts, there are a few factors to bear in mind:
- Consider your online games – Different games need different settings because the amount of available space on the screen for overlays is not always the same. So, bear in mind that the game should not be jeopardized only to add an extra layer.
- Brand – Twitch is more than simply an entertainment platform; if you wish, you can build a brand and earn money doing what you love. However, it will require time and patience, which is why you must make constant efforts toward the same objective of building your brand. This means that your overlay extension should complement the game and have a consistent theme across all stream configurations.
- Keep it simple – A successful Twitch overlay will provide enough information for the audience to continue watching without being overly obnoxious or irritating. This is why, for a balanced and pleasing aesthetic design, you should set your overlay opacity to roughly 75%.
With over 140 million monthly active users, Twitch is one of the world’s most popular streaming services. This is a fantastic place to promote your content, but keep in mind that the competition is tough, and you must stand out from the crowd.
Even if you’re just starting to stream and want to play on the PS4, you can add a personal touch and build a brand right away. By employing overlays and learning about advanced settings, you will be one step closer to success and the growth of your Twitch channel.