Subscribing to your favorite streamer with or without an Amazon Prime Gaming account has slight differences between them. It will be possible to do both. The steps you will follow will be similar. In the first case, you are required to pay a little money to subscribe, while in the second case, you will be asked for a little more money on top of what you pay for subscribing.
So how to use your Twitch Prime subscription? It is easy! A Prime Gaming account will have other major benefits. A rotation of free monthly games and Prime video shows is yours to enjoy when you enroll in a Prime Gaming account. You are also allowed a free channel subscription worth $4.99 every month, an exclusive Twitch Prime status, colors, and emotes.
If you think you can do without these exclusive bonuses and just want to simply subscribe to streamers you want to support, you can do that, too. Simply click Subscribe on your favorite Twitch channel and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Subscribe on Twitch on Desktop?
The following steps are what you should follow when you want to subscribe to a Twitch channel. Note that you will have to follow the same steps regardless of whether you are a Twitch Prime member or not. The steps to subscribing to a Twitch channel on a desktop are the following:
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your Mac or PC. On the address bar of your internet browser, type in Twitch.tv and hit enter.
- Log in to your Twitch TV account by clicking on the login button at the top right corner of your Twitch TV window. Type in your username and password and hit login to complete logging into Twitch.
- Go to the Twitch channel of the streamer you want to subscribe to. You can do this by typing the name of their channel on the search bar provided by Twitch tv.
- If you don’t have anyone in particular and you are looking for a Twitch content creator to subscribe to, pay attention to Twitch’s Recommended Channels. This vertical section to the left side of your Twitch window usually contains streamers who are popular within their chosen scenes.
- Once you have found the channel of the streamer you want to subscribe to, then you can click Subscribe. You can find this button in the middle of your screen. You can also follow them by clicking on the purple button with a heart beside the Subscribe button.
- If you wish to subscribe and use up your free $4.99 Prime Gaming privileges, then tick the check box labeled Use Prime Sub. By clicking on this box, understand that you will have used your one monthly $4.99 free Twitch subscription.
- If you are not a Prime Gaming member or have used up your one free $4.99 subscription, you can go ahead and subscribe how you normally would. Click on the Subscribe button, follow the on-screen instructions, process your payment, and you will now be subscribed to your chosen Twitch channel.
How to Subscribe on Twitch on Mobile?
These are the steps you can take to follow a Twitch channel using your smartphone or mobile device:
- Install the Twitch mobile app through the App Store if you have not already done so.
- Open the Twitch app on your smartphone by tapping on the Twitch app icon on your smartphone’s home screen.
- Go to the channel of the Twitch streamer you want to follow. You can type the steamer’s name on the provided search bar and hit Search. Open their channel or tap on an ongoing live Twitch stream they might have.
- If you don’t have a particular Twitch streamer in mind and are just on the lookout for a Twitch channel you could subscribe to, tap on the Discover button at the bottom of your Twitch home screen. Scroll down to narrow down the categories and channels you might want to follow.
- Click on the purple Follow button. To subscribe to any Twitch channel, you will have to log in to a desktop PC and subscribe through an internet browser.
Subscribing on Twitch Is All About Supporting
Consider subscribing to channels and not just following them. Your favorite streamers need your financial support to keep streaming content that you love to watch. Without their fans supporting them, streamers won’t be able to afford to game every day. Streaming is a two-way street. Streamers stream content, and their fans enable them through being paying subscribers. If you want your favorite streamers to continue to entertain you through Twitch, then a $4.99 monthly subscription fee is a small price to pay.
- Mastering Social Media: Tips and Strategies for Effective Marketing - October 3, 2023
- Harnessing the Power of Social Media for Elevating Customer Service - October 3, 2023
- Social Media Marketing Insights and Strategies for Success - October 3, 2023