Twitch is one of the most popular broadcasting platforms that many content creators use to earn a decent income. While there are many ways you can earn money on Twitch from affiliate links and subscriptions, it might take some time to have a steady income.
Luckily, there are ways for beginners and pros to get some donations from their loyal subscribers by creating a PayPal business account for Twitch.
If you are wondering about these Twitch donations, you are in the right place. We have all the simple steps you need to follow and additional tips and tricks that will help you set up a business PayPal, link it to your Twitch account, and even grow your channel in the meantime.
Is PayPal Safe for Twitch?
PayPal is considered to be one of the safest and most used financial platforms in the world. This is why a good collaboration between PayPal and Twitch is essential for the growth of your channel, as well as the added opportunities for income and donations.
A few rumors are going around the gaming community that not all donations to PayPal are legit because there have been instances when viewers revoke the payment and the player is left only with fees.
But, in most cases, PayPal is one of the best third-party services to supplement your income on Twitch profile and allow your subscribers to send you tips when they love what they see. This can be a great motivation to keep on the hard work and grow your Twitch channel even more.
What Are the Advantages of PayPal Donations on Twitch?
Twitch is a great place to have fun and make a career doing what you love, but it will take some time to become famous and have many subscribers. This is why there is an amazing feature to have: a donation button made and link your Twitch to PayPal business or personal.
There are many advantages to having this donation link, like:
- It’s a completely safe and fast way to get some tips from your viewers;
- It’s free and allows easy payment management;
- It’s easy for the viewer to click one link and send you the money.
Keep in mind that there are some limitations because PayPal will request proof that you are a non-profit organization if you gain more than $10,000 in donations. In addition, it’s always a good idea to leave the donations on your PayPal account for a few days before withdrawing.
This period will ensure that the viewer who sent the payment didn’t change their mind and you are not left with additional fees to pay.
How to Link PayPal to Twitch?
Now that we are familiar with all the amazing benefits of linking your Twitch and PayPal, you might be wondering how to do it.
The good news is that the entire process is very easy to set up, and you will need only a couple of minutes to make the donation button on Twitch. Keep in mind that you will need a PayPal business account, so you can make one before you get started.
There are two ways to link your Twitch channel to PayPal, so keep on reading to find out which one suits you more.
Using Your PayPal.Me Link
The easiest and fastest way to link your Twitch and PayPal is through the PayPal.me link. This can be done in a few simple steps, just make sure you have created a PayPal.me account first.
- Log into your PayPal account and click “More”;
- In the lower right corner, click on “Get Started” in the Manage Your PayPal.me Profile;
- Toggle on the PayPal.me link to activate it and copy the link that is shown;
- Log into your Twitch account and click on your avatar in the top right corner;
- Choose “Channel” from the drop-down menu and find the “About” section;
- Scroll down to “Edit Panels” and toggle the button on;
- Create a new panel and select “Add a text or image panel”;
- Enter the required information and add image button;
- Paste the PayPal.me link to the box marked “Image Links To”;
- Click on the “Submit” button to activate it.
Twitch donators can now click the link on your channel and send you the money via PayPal. This is by far the easiest payment method to earn some money while you are growing your Twitch channel.
Keep in mind that you should also consider tipping your favorite streamers to show support.
Creating a PayPal Donation Button
Online payments and donations can also be done with the simple creation of a PayPal donation button on your channel. This might take a few more steps, but once it’s all set up, your donations on Twitch will automatically go to your PayPal account.
- Log into your PayPal account and click on the gear icon in the top right corner;
- Select “Seller Tools” and then click on “Manage” under the button section;
- Find the “Donate” option on the list and click on it to edit;
- This will open a new “Make your Donate button” wizard;
- Customize your button, language, country, etc;
- Enter your PayPal email address;
- Select the currency and amount the donors can make and click on finish and get the donation button code;
- Go to your Twitch channel, find channel/about/Edit panels as previously mentioned;
- Create a new panel and add the image button;
- Paste your donation button code and create the panel by clicking “Submit”.
Keep in mind that there is no minimum donation option available, so your subscribers can choose how much they are willing to give. This is a great option if you are looking for real fans who support your work, and it’s a great motivation to get even more subscribers.
How Can PayPal Help Your Twitch Growth?
While many Twitch streamers have multiple sources of income, it takes a while to build the channel and the audience that is willing to support you more. This is why it’s crucial to have the donation button from the start and even before you are an official Partner on Twitch.
A small donation from many people can:
- Motivate you to work harder to reach your goals;
- Enable you to purchase better equipment and make high-quality streams;
- Be a part of the streaming community and interact with your viewers more;
All it takes is a free PayPal business account and a couple of minutes to set up a proper donation link. Keep in mind that the photo you use for the button can be customized to better suit your brand and go well with your style and channel.
A donation panel on Twitch is one of the favorite features of this amazing platform that is suitable for both beginners and professionals who want to receive donations from their viewers. While it might be uncomfortable to get money from strangers at first, you will soon realize that the entertainment you provide them is worth so much more.
So, make sure that you are always streaming high-quality and engaging content. This will make the donations bigger and your channel will grow organically over time.