If you want to try your luck at one of the most popular streaming platforms but don’t know how to stream on Twitch PS4, you’ve come to the correct spot.
We have all the information you need to establish your channel and broadcasts, even if you only have a gaming console. The beauty of Twitch is that as long as you are enthusiastic and devoted, you will get Twitch followers.
So, without further ado, let’s go over everything you need to know about connecting and streaming from your PlayStation 4 to Twitch.
How to connect Twitch to your PS4?
Before you begin playing your favorite game and broadcasting it on Twitch, you must first create and set up an account. This entire process should be taken with caution because you are developing a brand from the ground up.
Knowing your games and your audience can help you choose the best username, layouts, banners, and so much more.
Keep in mind that every aspect of your Twitch channel must reflect the same message and brand. This makes it easy for people to recognize you, locate you on various social media platforms, and grow your Twitch channel.
Even if you are ready to stream your games from your PS4, you should be aware that there are two ways to connect your PS4 gameplay to Twitch.
- Directly from the gaming console – PlayStation consoles are capable of streaming directly to Twitch, but you will need to use one of the several streaming software options available (OBS Studio, XSplit Broadcaster, Wirecast). This is an excellent alternative for novices because there are no large investments required.
- Using a capture card and PC – Most professional streamers will utilize their PC and capture cards to link their game consoles to the computer and broadcast to Twitch from there. You can have many more features, better video quality, and modifications this way, but either approach will work.
How to activate Twitch on PS4?
We will give step-by-step instructions to stream from PS4 to Twitch for the convenience of new Twitch users who are just getting started.
Here is what you need to do:
- Start the game on your PS4;
- Press the “Share” button on your controller and take a look at the menu bar on the left;
- Click on the Broadcast Gameplay option in the share menu;
- Click on “Twitch” to select the platform;
- Follow the instructions to connect your Twitch account and PS4, or scan the QR code;
- Customize your live Twitch stream;
- Play the game and stream on Twitch at the same time.
As you can see, your gaming session is ready to start in only a few clicks and minutes after the activation process. It’s usually a good idea to have another device nearby, such as your mobile device or laptop, so you can operate chat and other functions more easily.
How to stream on Twitch PS4 with a camera?
The camera is not included in the PlayStation or most other consoles, but you can always add one yourself. This is an excellent investment since it will allow you to be an active part of your broadcasts, interact with your audience, and guide them through your gaming experience as a full-time streamer.
All you have to do to add the camera to the stream is modify your live stream and select the webcam feed to be included. This may be intimidating at first if you are not used to gaming sessions, but it will quickly become a natural and enjoyable method to communicate with your followers.
How to become a better PS4 streamer?
Now that you know how to connect your PS4 to Twitch, here are a few additional pointers to help you generate the greatest content and grow your Twitch channel quickly.
- Use a wired internet connection – Broadcasting can be demanding on your bandwidth, and you’ll need a reliable connection to minimize latency issues and disruptions. This is why an Ethernet cable is required to connect to the internet.
While some people have excellent Wi-Fi connections for regular use, streaming requires a stronger wired connection. So, connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your PS4 and the other to your router.
- Customize PS4 notifications – Some notifications on the PlayStation can pop up while you are in the middle of a game, which can be rather irritating for some viewers. While you see all the alerts, most followers will just see gray boxes with no text in the video content. This is why you should disable pop-up notifications in the advanced settings if you want to play undisturbed.
- Use a camera and headphones – This may seem apparent, but many console streaming players forget that networks like Twitch require more than simply the game being played. You must connect with and amuse your audience, so use a gaming headset and a high-quality camera.
- Choose a peaceful area – While your game may be noisy and entertaining, you’ll need a place to stream without interruptions. It’s something that many Twitch streamers overlook, but for the optimal streaming experience, you have to be focused on the game and your viewers.
- Personalize your Twitch channel – If you want to expand your Twitch channel and even earn money from it, you must build a brand that will promote your content.
Consider all the features that your viewers will see, such as overlays, advertising, social networks, and your Twitch username. Make everything distinctive and memorable so that people can quickly locate you and relate your brand with your content.
Starting on one of the largest and most prominent streaming services may appear intimidating, but don’t worry, all great streamers had to start somewhere. Nothing can stop you from generating the finest content ever now that you have all the tools, tips, and tricks to broadcast right from your PS4.
Keep in mind that your audience is the key to your success, and you must constantly communicate with them. This is how you will develop a healthy and profitable Twitch account.
Latest posts by Maddie Schultz (see all)
- What Games Are Banned on Twitch in 2021? List of Banned Games - December 1, 2021
- The Most Famous Streamers That Got Banned on Twitch - December 1, 2021
- How to See Who Follows You on Twitch? - December 1, 2021